Y’all, these cookies are so yummy! They make EXACTLY two dozen… which is perfect for two baking sheets. Be sure to read all the way to the bottom for a life changing way to keep these cookies fresh!
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon course sea salt
- Using a mixer, blend together the softened butter with both sugars (brown and white) on medium speed. Be sure to scrape the bowl and mixer to be sure everything is incorporated evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- With the mixer on low, add the vanilla extract to the butter/sugar bowl. Then add one egg at a time with 20 seconds between each egg. Batter should be very wet.
- Remove the mixer from bowl. Slowly fold in 1/4 of the flour mixture at a time with a large spatula. Stop folding with you can barely see any more flour in bowl.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the little remainder of flour. Do not over mix.
- Cover and place dough in fridge for 2-48 hours
When you are ready to bake:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a small melon scooper (or spoon) to roll dough into 1.5 inch balls. The dough makes 24 cookies so feel free to add some or take some away to get the right size/number of dough balls.
- Place dough balls on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cookies will not spread much.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 8-9 minutes. Look at the edge of cookies for browning so you know when to pull them. You do not want the tops to be brown at all. If so, they will be over baked.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 1 minute then gently move to cooling racks. This helps ensure your cookies are perfectly moist!
- Finally, and this is optional, gently sprinkle coarse sea salt over each cookie for the perfect finale!
- In an effort to keep from eating all of these cookies in one day, I recommend freezing them. They freeze really well and are easy to pop 1 or 2 out to snack on whenever you want.
- If you want to freeze, let the cookies cool completely and place a layer in an air tight container. Then place a layer of parchment paper on top, followed by the next layer of cookies. This way, the cookies do not stick together and are easy to just grab a few when you need a yummy snack!
- If you do not want to freeze them, then eat them all OR place in an air tight container for 3-5 days.